Re: intro

Galen Johnson wrote:
} Could I recommend putting it up on sourceforge?

I'll second that suggestion - nicely maintained, backed up, high profile...

I actually started doing some additional work on XArchon a while ago,
although I got distracted by work and haven't got back to it.  The major
thing I was working on was an Adept (Archon II) mode, allowing you to
choose Archon or Adept from the menus.  Of course, this would require yet
more original artwork for the various elementals and demons that don't
occur in Archon, but you know what they say about life not being easy and
all that :)

Another change I made was to make movement in the field (the battle screen)
continuous, rather than rounding movement off to whole tiles.  I was
getting annoyed by the way you couldn't fire at any moment once your weapon
was ready, because if you were half way though a move, you'd complete that
move before firing.  This was especially annoying when trying to use the
Phoenix's attack defensively.  Of course, this change has completely broken
the AI, so I haven't yet sent a patch to Ronen.

Actually, one other thing - Ronen, where did you get the numbers (movement
rate, damage, health, bullet speed) for the creatures in XArchon?  I took
screenshots of the original Archon running under a C64 emulator, and
measured things like the height of the health bar in pixels, and how much
each creature's attack dropped the enemy's health, and came up with quite
different numbers to those in XArchon...

							Have fun,
							 Rob R.
							  \((/
							  ~oo~