Re: intro

Robert Rendell wrote:
>Galen Johnson wrote:
>} Could I recommend putting it up on sourceforge?
>
>I'll second that suggestion - nicely maintained, backed up, high profile...

Sourceforge looks good to me, but I don't know the details about how it works. What do we need to do to maintain xarchon there?

>Another change I made was to make movement in the field (the battle screen)
>continuous, rather than rounding movement off to whole tiles.  I was
>getting annoyed by the way you couldn't fire at any moment once your weapon
>was ready, because if you were half way though a move, you'd complete that
>move before firing.  This was especially annoying when trying to use the
>Phoenix's attack defensively.  Of course, this change has completely broken
>the AI, so I haven't yet sent a patch to Ronen.

I'd be really interested in getting that field movement code. And I'd be willing to work on the AI.

>Actually, one other thing - Ronen, where did you get the numbers (movement
>rate, damage, health, bullet speed) for the creatures in XArchon?  I took
>screenshots of the original Archon running under a C64 emulator, and
>measured things like the height of the health bar in pixels, and how much
>each creature's attack dropped the enemy's health, and came up with quite
>different numbers to those in XArchon...

I've been eyeballing the C64 version too... trying to get approximate ideas of speeds. Have you done that already?

- Mike C