Re: intro

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Galen Johnson wrote:
> Finally a little action on this list.  Has anyone tried to port this to
> the SDL SDK?  This SDK seems very streamlined for linux and windows,
> too; I think.  If I knew more about programming I would do it since it
> seems that it should be fairly simple...I may try it when I get some
> free time anyway.  For those interested in SDL should check out
> http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/, unless I am mistaken CivCTP
> used this SDK for it's development.

    To be honest, I intend to eventually replace the sound with SDL.  The
esd implementation was just an attempt to get some preliminary.  I found
as I used libesd that it's sample routines were not as mature at the time
as I had hoped.  Unfortunately, life got interesting and time got scarce.
I don't know if anyone else planned to port to SDL.

Dan