board AI update

Hi everyone,

On Friday I did some more work on the board AI. I got it to work
sporadically by decreasing the depth of the goal search to 1, but
there are still occasional segfaults and massive resource
consumption. I poked around looking for the problem and fixed some
unrelated bugs, but no clue about the basic problem.

I committed the work I did. If anyone else would like to have a look,
I'd appreciate it.

I don't know much about Unix/C debugging tools. Mostly I use print
statements, but that hasn't gotten me so far with this problem- I
haven't been able to pin down a specific point where it fails.

I wonder if there's a memory leak. Can anyone suggest some tools for
debugging memory problems?

- Mike

--
Our world has sprouted a weird concept of security and a warped sense
of morality. Weapons are sheltered like treasures and children are