Re: problems running under irix

Hiya

So Said Roger:

"I've also created a majordomo list, xarchon-l@seul.org. The list should be
archived at http://www.seul.org/archives/xarchon/xarchon-l/"

> the binaries then built and ran (the default font didn't exist on my system
> so i had to alias it to a known font in order to get it to run--perhaps a
> fallback to "fixed" or something should be implemented?), except that after

Hmm, that happend to a few people.  Even people with Linux boxes.
I don't implementing fallbacks is worth the effort, maybe just
selecting a font that won't be as problematic.

> sprite.c/sprite_paint(): requested state 22 not found for sprite floor
> could this be a result of commenting out the three function calls in

This sort of problem is almost always a by-product of a bad installation
procedure.  Did you do a "make install"?  Alternatively, if you
can't/won't do a make install, then "cd" into the data/ subdirectory,
and move it in its entirety (which should preserve symlinks,
which is a Good Thing) to /usr/local/share/xarchon.

> thanks for what you've done, if nothing else i'll end up getting a linux
> box eventually and can play on there---archon ruled and playing it on
> unix (over the net?!) will be an amazing and fun flashback.

I hope you won't have to.  Please tell if (when!) you manage to solve
this problem.