Two "issues" with xarcon

So I sat down to play some xarchon and noticed the following:

1. There is a noticeable delay when starting the game before the "welcome to
xarchon" screen appears. It would be useful to add some sort of indication
that the game is loading or initializing (a dialog box or spinning cursor or
some such).

2. I can assign the numeric keypad keys to player actions (up, down, left,
right, etc.), but when playing the game, they aren't recognized.

Perhaps these issues could be added to a TODO list (is there one?).

-Mason