Re: text editors

Hello!

On Monday 29 October 2001 17:57, capmikee@home.martnet.com wrote:

> To the others who've been coding XArchon, what tab settings have you been
> using? Do you use spaces for tabs? How many spaces in a tab stop?

Back then I was using no tabs at all, and three-space identation.   Recently
I've decided to switch to four-space identation, but still not tabs...
(Except in Makfiles..)

Personally I don't like tab characters because eight spaces are too wide for
my taste.  Editors usually let you configure how wide that is, but when I
look at the file outside the editor, I want it to look the same way as it
does inside the editor.

(That's also why I also try -- maybe not always succeed but at least try --
to keep the the lines shorter than screen width.)

My two cents... ;-)

tzuk