[Computerbank] the special case of Tassie

You see guys, I come from a different orientation than most within
Computerbank, I'm not at all interested in Linux.

       (( boo?? ))

My focuses are twofold. (actually one)

Getting as many donated computers as we can through to the people needing
them as rapidly as we can.

Doing this all over Australia not just in our capital cities.

That's why I'm so pushy about extra branches ASAP.

It's become quite clear these must be stand alone in everything except
picking up on what has been developed elsewhere within Computerbank,
training packages, etc. Without a tiny doubt, our current structure cannot
help Geraldton WA or Bowen QLD or Katherine NT or Broken Hill NSW with a
lot ... BUT they can start IF they find the local LINUX dude that's needed.

Sorry to tell you, but I know of three places that have given up on going
the Linux way but chosen instead to stick to Microsoft when they couldn't
get Computerbank and Linux help. They could get the donations locally and
organise everything else so why not?

In the light of the difficulties Snug TAS has had, they might be forced
into doing the same and Snug is our only chance in Tassie at the moment to
sell the Computerbank story.

Bruce

PS. Greg is right but it would need Snug to come up with a telecentre
package and the grant.