Re: Soundtrack

On 18.02.2004 12:45, Dave Fancella wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 February 2004 07:36 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> > Pardon my ignorance, but who is (was, probably) Sousa. I know Paulo Sousa,
> > but I'm pretty sure he's not the one you're talking about. ;-)
>
> Sousa wrote a lot of marches in the US in the 19th Century and early 20th
> Century.  His full name is John Phillip Sousa, and he wrote such hits as The
> Stars and Stripes Forever.  Here's a page that has midi versions of most of
> Sousa's work:
>
> http://www.dws.org/sousa/works.htm

Thanks for the info. I tried a few of the pieces and something like that
could work out nicely, I think. It's hard to express what you want if
you don't really know it yourself ;-)
What I had in mind was a bit less, well, let's call it optimistic than
what I've heard here, I guess ("Hooray, it's war! You coming, too?" ...).
I'll try to find that old mod I've been fantasizing about (but I won't
bother the list with it if I find it).

Jens