cvs build

All,

I just snatched a cvs copy of crimson, and it's not building.  :(  I ran
autogen.sh as instructed.

Here's some errors (sample, there are many):

unning automake --add-missing ...
automake: configure.ac: installing `[config]/install-sh'; error while making
link: No such file or directory

automake: configure.ac: installing `[config]/mkinstalldirs'; error while
making link: No such file or directory

automake: configure.ac: installing `[config]/missing'; error while making
link: No such file or directory

doc/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_BI2CF does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
doc/Makefile.am:4: BUILD_CFED does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
doc/Makefile.am:7: BUILD_COMET does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
automake: src/cf/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`../common/button.cpp' is in subdirectory
automake: src/cf/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `../common/button.h'
is in subdirectory
automake: src/cf/Makefile.am: not supported: source file `../common/color.h'
is in subdirectory

more like the last two, and then:

src/comet/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_COMET does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

more of these:

automake: src/comet/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`../common/button.cpp' is in subdirectory
automake: src/comet/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`../common/button.h' is in subdirectory

then:

tools/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_BI2CF does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
tools/Makefile.am:4: BUILD_CFED does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

more of these:

automake: tools/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`../src/common/fileio.cpp' is in subdirectory
automake: tools/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`../src/common/lang.cpp' is in subdirectory

then:

tools/Makefile.am: cfed_OBJECTS should not be defined
tools/Makefile.am: variable `LDADD' not defined
automake: Makefile.am: required file `./AUTHORS' not found
Running autoconf...
configure.ac:42: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM was called before AC_CANONICAL_TARGET

Finally, ./configure fails because the install.sh and other missing files that
automake failed to add aren't there.

Mandrake Linux 9.2, x86, bash, etc.  I don't recall right off which versions
of autoconf and automake I have, but Mandrake gives two of each, the current
'standard' version (which is old, as we all know, right?) and the newest
version they consider stable.  I installed all of them, because another
program I work with uses the newer ones.

I can figure it out, but presumably the cvs update is supposed to build out of
the box, at least the tarball does anyway, so tell me where I should poke
around.  :)

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

You are always doing something marginal when the boss drops by your desk.