Re: cvs build

On Sunday 22 February 2004 05:18 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:

> I just committed another batch of changes for 0.4.0 to CVS
> including those to autogen.sh. It should now work for you
> provided you have automake >1.7 installed. And if not, it
> should abort telling you so. Can you please verify that the
> script works for you?

No workie.  Sorry.

I downloaded and installed from tarballs automake 1.8 and autoconf 2.58
(automake 1.8 wouldn't configure without autoconf 2.58, argh!  GNU invented
dll hell, I think).  Then I removed the Mandrake-provided symlinks to
autoconf, automake, and aclocal, and checked which ones were now being called
with "which autoconf" and the others, verifying that the ones in
/usr/local/bin are now being called.

Here's the error output:  ;)

[dave@benedict crimson]$ ./autogen.sh
Auto-regenerate package `crimson' in directory `.'
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

Generating configuration files for crimson, please wait...

Creating config sub-directory...
Running aclocal-1.8...
aclocal: configure.ac: 41: macro `AM_PATH_SDL' not found in library
Running automake-1.8 --add-missing ...
configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
Makefile.am: required file `./AUTHORS' not found
doc/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_BI2CF does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
doc/Makefile.am:4: BUILD_CFED does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
doc/Makefile.am:7: BUILD_COMET does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
src/comet/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_COMET does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
tools/Makefile.am:1: BUILD_BI2CF does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
tools/Makefile.am:4: BUILD_CFED does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCC does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
/usr/local/share/automake-1.8/am/depend2.am: am__fastdepCXX does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
Running autoconf...
************
Running ./configure  ...
************
./configure: line 1310: syntax error near unexpected token `foreign'
./configure: line 1310: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign dist-bzip2 nostdinc)'
[dave@benedict crimson]$ ./configure
./configure: line 1310: syntax error near unexpected token `foreign'
./configure: line 1310: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(foreign dist-bzip2 nostdinc)'

On the bright side I came up with a pretty cool theme and a snare drum cadence
for a soundtrack!  I'm hoping to get some new strings in the next couple of
days, because my strings are so old (and it's so long since I played that I'm
waaaay out of practice anyway) that the thing just isn't sounding good right
now.  I can also recycle one of my older themes that never materialized into
a song because it fits perfectly with what I've got.  ;)

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

The girl who stoops to conquer usually wears a low-cut dress.