Re: build fails on os x

Hi Patrick.

On 23.07.2005 14:04, Patrick Gleichmann wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't build Crimson fields on OS X (10.4.2 w/ g++ (GCC) 3.3)
>
> g++  -g -O2 -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_THREAD_SAFE   -o crimson <all
> src/cf/*.o>  -lz  -L/usr/local/lib -lSDLmain -lSDL -framework Cocoa -
> framework OpenGL -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> __ZTV10MoveShader
> __ZTV4Pathx
>
> Weird since the MoveShader class is defined in path.cpp. But the .o
> exports doesn't contain a ZTV10MoveShader only "TZI10MoveShader".
> Seems like a functionname mangling error to me. Any hints?

I remember having similar problems a long time ago (and almost ripping
my hair out in the process because I couldn't locate the cause), but I
can't recall what solved them. All I can say is that it was a problem
with the tools (or the way I used them), not the code.

If starting from a clean base (basically what Torinthiel already
suggested, although 'make clean' should suffice) and maybe trying
without optimisations doesn't help, you'd probably have better
chances asking someone from the gcc camp.

> I tried to fetch the newest CVS version but your CVS doesn't like me:
>
> PAM authenticate error: User not known to the underlying
> authentication module
> cvs login: authorization failed: server cvs.seul.org rejected access
> to /home/cvspsrv/cvsroot for user anoncvs

Are you sure you set CVSROOT correctly? Anonymous CVS login works for
me. I doubt it would help with your problem, anyway, though.

Jens