Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU invited at the Libre Software Meeting

Surlignage Andreas Romeyke <art1@it-netservice.de>:

 Hallo,

 On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Yann Guidon wrote:

 > > Any hints?
 >
 > i am not sure to understand.

 I meant:

 - - we need a compiler which generates temporary code at a level between
 assembler/machinecode and C + libc like Forth does. At this level we had
 basic functions, which

 first:
 - - can be compiled/assembled automatically by a stupid Compiler/assembler,
 so we have first the issue of functionality

 second:
 - - can be assembled/substituted by handoptimized SIMD-assembler, so we have
 then the issue of higher speed

>>>If you write it it would be nice. But SIMD performance are related to the
data structure. C are very poor in that domain. That's why we need vectorising
compiler code ala SSE vector compiler from intel. C is too poor in semantic to
easly introcuice such powerfull fonction. Or we can simply rewrite C or C++
librairy for the Fcpu (STL, Boost, libc). It could be easier but if we have a
true vector compilier all old C code could be reused without rework.
nicO
<...>