Tr:Rep:Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

A answer error...
-----Message d'origine-----
De: <nicolas.boulay@ifrance.com>
A: <goeritz@oekomm.de>
Date: 10/01/02
Objet: Rep:Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

-----Message d'origine-----
De: Juergen Goeritz <goeritz@oekomm.de>
A: f-cpu@seul.org
Date: 10/01/02
Objet: Re: [f-cpu] "Tree"

<...>
Hi Ben,

since two years my brain is thinking back and forth
how one
can integrate the design process of software together
with
the design of the hardware to begin to build 'real'
systems.

SystemC does not really bring a solution to the
problem
because one is still on a hardware type programming
style.
And hardware type programming in software sucks.

crapy C-style VHDL : to much heavy ! SystemC 2.0 is
quite nice and intriduice concept as channel,
interface, port and events. This stuff are really
usefull for specification for Hardware as for
software. You could create your simulator then refine
it until to understand what is better to put in
hardware or software (for example : how much
automative must be the SRB).

There seems to be a need for a more high
sophisticated
description language that is a superset of hardware
and
software implementation but without forcing the style
either of them. I would call this a 'system
definition
language'. This language must also contain some means
to simulate the system on its highest level.

a static representation. It will not be executed
until a few month but there is some formal proof on
it.

If you look at hardware development, there is e.g.
VHDL
high level description and the netlist/gate level. I
am
looking for that level above VHDL that can be
generated
into hardware (e.g. VHDL) and software (e.g. C, C++).

Only with that independent level you are really free
move the border between hardware and software during
the
development process to achieve a maximum performance
of
the system in design.

point of view with SystemC.
nicO

JG

ifrance.com, l'email gratuit le plus complet de
l'Internet !
vos emails depuis un navigateur, en POP3, sur
Minitel, sur le WAP...