Re: [f-cpu] Conditionnal Load and Store

hi,

Christophe Avoinne wrote:
> [...]

if it is possible to use the proposed 4-bit version of the condition field,
i'll integrate it.

> > Another option is to make `move' a full-word operation (that is, no
> > size bits at all, like jump) and reconsider `widen' for sign and zero
> > extension. That way, we can use 6 bits for the condition code.
i don't remember what the options for MOVE are.

however i have separated MOVE from CMOVE because CMOVE
requires an additional condition field. Although these fields
are cleared in a normal MOVE, the separate opcode might be critical
for later architectures.

> If we consider that registers are always 64-bit wide (or 256-bit wide),
> 'move' does not need to have size-bits. I always thought that size-bits
> usually apply for load and store operations not for registers by themselves.
> Sign or zero extension should be done with 'widen', since its name is not
> misnamed :).

maybe the size bit can have special uses in move.
but the context is not fresh in my head.

WHYGEE