De: Cedric BAIL <cedric.bail@free.fr>
A: f-cpu@seul.org
Date: 09/10/02
Objet: Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU project and Debian

> hi,
>
> i just got a mail from Russell Coker and here is the answer i sent
> him.
> Your comments are welcome, maybe i wrote something silly....
> However, before you flame me, please read until the end (the
> "white list" idea).

<I read all, but it's long so snip all ;-)>

I don't know if it's this is a good idea to start from distribution,
before
having the CPU... or a simulator. Perhaps it will be a good idea if you
can
send me a list of new opcode/instruction for ROP2 before starting
helping
porting debian ;-) Or give me a pointer to your latest package.

In the same idea for the new instruction ll/sc for emulating CAS/CAS2 on
a single processor what are the mnemonic and the option.

I reread all instruction that use stream in the old manual, and I
discover
that if you specify the stream 0, it mean that it will use the last
specified
stream for this register. The question is what append if it wasn't
specified ?
(I think that we must say that stream 0 is like the other stream so that
we didn't have any special strange case).

In the same idea I will add the following instruction :
loadz Rc, [Rm], Rd
loadnz Rc, [Rm], Rd
storez Rc, [Rm], Rd
storenz Rc, [Rm], Rd

And I will specify a new form for assembler :
loadaddri Imm64, Rm

Where Imm64 will be marked as a PC relative relocation, and it will be
expanded like this :
loadcons.0 Imm64 & 0xFFFF, Rm
loadcons.0 (Imm64 >> 16) & 0xFFFF, Rm
loadcons.0 (Imm64 >> 32) & 0xFFFF, Rm
loadcons.0 (Imm64 >> 48) & 0xFFFF, Rm
loadaddr Rm, Rm

If you want to specify something it will be a good idea to say it now. I
am planning to post a prerelease for next week.

Cedric
Etudiant: Wanadoo t'offre le Pack eXtense Haut Débit soit 150,92 euros
d'économies ! Clique ici : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/mail.etudiant