Re: [f-cpu] last word about license ;-) was Re: encore une couche (was: Re: [f-cpu] License issues GPL/LGPL andJuergen Goeritz' SoC)

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:27:59AM +0200, Andreas Romeyke wrote:
[...]
> > I don't like this "you may have a look at it, but don't touch it" kind
> > of licenses.  Or worse, "you may look at it and touch it, but all your
> > modifications are automatically mine", which is also covered by the term
> > Open Source, IIRC.  No, thank you.
>
> You are on wrong way.
> There are two views to the world, an optimistic -> use BSD-like, a
> pessimistic -> use GPL-like.

They're both too optimistic for this world.  The only realistic
license is the one M$ uses :(

The BSD license gives users too many rights, while most other "Open
Source" licenses are too restrictive.  IMHO, the GPL is the only license
that is "well-balanced".

[...]
> But in fact you cannot forbid a abuse use, because you cannot controll
> it. Will be there a bad guy, who reads and accepts your license? No.

I may have to get him away with it, right -- but I can at least state
that he's wrong.