Re: gEDA-user: Windows version of gerbv

Rick Collins wrote:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> At 12:06 PM 4/22/2008, you wrote:
>>> I tried installing the current version of gerbv under Win2K SP4.  It
>>> installed ok and started.  But when I tried opening a Gerber file it
>>> crashed.  It also crashed when I opened an XYRS file.  Is there
>>> something else I need to do?
>> What did it say when it crashed?  And what version of windows are you
>> using?
>
> It gave...
>
> ---------------------------
> Gerber Viewer2.0.1: : gerbv.exe - Application Error
> ---------------------------
> The instruction at "0x6b067700" referenced memory at "0x00000000".
> The memory could not be "read".
>

> Click on OK to terminate the program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program
> ---------------------------
> OK   Cancel
> ---------------------------
>
> I am running the most recent version which I had just downloaded, 2.0.1.

You may get a useful stack trace on Windows by using Dr. MinGW:

1) Go to the MinGW Utilities download page on:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=61599
2) Download and unpack mingw-utils-0.3.tar.gz
3) Install it as the default debugger by going to a command prompt and
typing:
   cd <path_to_extracted_files>
   cd bin
   drmingw -i
4) Test it by running the tests on the doc\drmingw\samples
5) Run the application which is crashing
6) Click cancel to debug the program.
7) Post the resulting stack trace.

Regards,
Cesar