Re: gEDA-user: gEDA-20040111 thanks and question

Thanks Carlos!

[snip]
> > On my GTK-1.2 system, gschem behaves in the usual way: In particular,
> > component attributes are one line only.  On my GTK-2.X system I can now
> > enter multi-line component attributes using the attrib dialog box.  Thanks
> > for fulfilling this feature request, Ales!  My question is this: Does this
> > feature work only on GTK-2.X versions, or should it also work under GTK-1.2?
>
> I can answer this question... Multiline text/attribs only work under
> GTK2.X . The widget it uses (GtkTextView) is only available under
> GTK-2.X, and the GTK1.2 stuff isn't changed....

Thanks, I suspected as much.  I just wanted to make sure. . . .

> Maybe it could be backported to Gtk1.2 using GtkText widget... but, is
> there any reason not to migrate to GTK2.x ?

No, except that my main laptop runs the older stuff & I am loathe to
upgrade it because I am almost out of disk space.  Meanwhile, it has
most of my work on it. . . .

But in any event, it is not worth backporting the new feature to 1.2,
at least IMHO.  I will eventually just upgrade.

By the way:  Thanks for your up-front work on enabling this feature
for gschem!  Later (much later . . . .) I will fix spice-sdb & my
HOWTO to reflect that you can now incorporate a multi-line .model or
.options or other spice line into your schematic.

Stuart