Re: gEDA-user: Specifications

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 04:49:14PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > How large a pcb layout can PCB handle?
> About a quarter of a mile per side.  Yes, I've done this, my house
> looks *really* small on that scale.

Just for the fun of it, I just tried to set a huge board size.
I got bumped back to 30 inches on a side.  This is from the
Preferences/Sizes GUI in CVS PCB-HID-gtk.

I believe you in theory, but something artificially reduces the range.
Two minutes grepping around in the source tree didn't find it.

> Most of us work with C or D sheets, scaled down to A prints.  However,
> there's no arbitrary limit - I think we're limited to 2 million inches
> per side on 32-bit hosts.

If you're serious about big designs, you'll use a 64-bit computer anyway.
The gEDA programs are widely used and well debugged in a 64-bit environment.

    - Larry