Re: gEDA-user: Problems with subnets containing short-circuits

Stuart Brorson wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to have two nets which
connect to nothing other than each other?

Before we label it a bug, what is the goal of this construct?

Stuart
Hi Stuart!
That's a good question. The construct itself is quite pointless. However, I was working on a quite complex design with two filter-subcircuits. I wanted to test some aspects of my circuit, so I shorted the first filter just to bypass it, which resulted in an open circuit instead of a bypass! That is quite annoying, don't you think?
The possibility to bypassing stuff is always important when debugging.

Cheers
Arvid