Re: gEDA-user: path of files given in source-attribute

Yes!
That is pretty much what I would expect.

Starting the relative search from the calling schematic's directory seems like the most important point to me. Isn't that how you use the hierarchy feature -- to split a huge schematic file into pieces? Well, loading common schematics from a library is of course useful too, but that could still be done with Peter's proposal.

/Arvid

Peter TB Brett skrev:
Arvid Rosén wrote:

With relative path, or absolute paths, it would have been easy. Now, I
have to change my gnetlistrc-file between each gnetlist-call using my
script. Quite ugly!

Perhaps the right way to handle this would be as follows:

 - If the path is absolute: use the file at that location if it exists,
   or otherwise fail.

 - If the path is relative:
   1. Search relative to the directory containing the calling schematic
   2. Search relative to the directory specified in the .gafrc file
   3. Search relative to the CWD
   4. Fail

Thoughts?

Peter