Re: gEDA-user: Fedora Core 5 installation notes

On Saturday 29 July 2006 20:18, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Saturday 29 July 2006 20:02, Patrick Doyle wrote:
> > Seriously... what do folks recommend for compiling and/or running the
> > gEDA suite on an FC5 box?  I see that there are precompiled RPMs
> > available, and I might go with that, at least to get started, but I
> > anticipate, from having lurked on the list for a couple of weeks (gee,
> > I wish I had tried this a couple of months ago so that I would have
> > felt comfortable showing up on DJ's doorstep last weekend, oh well),
> > that there are newer features in the CVS tree that I might want to
> > try, so I would prefer to start from a source compile and be able to
> > tweak it as needed.
>
> Argh, I think I'm going to have to start a FAQ.
>
> You need the following packages:
>
>  - pkgconfig
>  - fontconfig-devel
>  - freetype-devel
>  - glib2-devel
>  - gtk2-devel
>  - guile-devel
>  - libpng-devel
>  - zlib-devel
>
> Also the usual core build tools (gcc, install, libtool, etc...).
>
> Then it should Just Work. In general, being unable to build is a symptom of
> missing a '-devel' package somewhere.

Oops, I missed that you were talking about the CD.  The CD Just Worked for me
on FC4, but I haven't tried it with FC5.  The above list of packages will
allow you to build/install CVS geda.

Peter

--
Fisher Society publicity officer            http://tinyurl.com/o39w2
CUSBC novices, match and league secretary   http://tinyurl.com/mwrc9

v2sw6YShw7$ln5pr6ck3ma8u6/8Lw3+2m0l7Ci6e4+8t4Eb8Aen5+6g6Pa2Xs5MSr5p4
  hackerkey.com