Re: gEDA-user: Fedora Core 5 installation notes

On 7/29/06, Patrick Doyle <wpdster@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are there folks on this list who are using FC5?  If so, what is the
recommended approach for installing the gEDA suite on an FC5 box?

I am asking because I tried the most straightforward approach
(installing from the CD) and ran into a few problems.  So far, they
don't seem too insurmountable, but I've learned through bitter
experience to start asking questions sooner, rather than later.

Grab RPMs courtesy of Wojciech Kazubski http://www.sp5pbe.waw.pl/~sp5smk/geda.html

Then install them with yum like this:

$ yum localinstall *rpm

This way, yum will satisfy dependencies for you.

Disclaimer:  I've not tried FC5, but this procedure works fine for
FC4, and Wojciech has posted FC5 rpms.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
 - fortune cookie