gEDA-user: new list: metrology

Hi folks. I have permission from Ales to post this announcement here.

I've just started up a new mailing list, metrology@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, which is intended to support discussions regarding metrology (the science of measurement) and metrology-related equipment, with a focus on electronics. Think passive AC bridges, Kelvin-Varley dividers, Thomas one-ohm resistors, sub-1ppm voltage measurements, hot boxed zeners, stuff like that.

For example, I just spent most of today characterizing a bank of Weston-type standard cells against a Fluke 335D DC calibrator and Fluke 732A DC reference standard...does this make you think "oh, cool!"? Do your eBay saved searches include entries like "dc standard -superman -gibson -washington" and "northrup 4210*"? You've just finished restoring a 100-year-old Leeds & Northrup potentiometer to perfection and you want to share the pictures? If so, this list is for you.

It will be a private list with public archives. It is intended to be a forum for free communication amongst like-minded individuals, and the exchange of ideas, information, experiences, and assistance. Occasional "for sale" postings are welcome, as are occasional off- topic jaunts, but members are requested to keep things at least mostly on-topic.

  To subscribe, point a web browser at:

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire