Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Symbols

http://www.gedasymbols.org/scripts/search.cgi?key=atmel

http://www.gedasymbols.org/

> BTW, does anybody here know where are the code portion that reads the
> .sym files and shows the symbol itself ?

I have a sym2eps tool here: http://www.gedasymbols.org/user/dj_delorie/

There's a djboxsym there too, which is a symbol creation helper.

> I'm wondering to develop something in this area, maybe some XML-like
> file and a symbol creation program.. What do you guys think about it ?

First, there's a bunch of existing symbol-maker helpers out there, so
make sure you're not doing something that's already been done.

Second, if it hasn't been done, don't let all those other helpers stop
you from making another one.  It seems to be a competition to see how
many different helpers we can come up with :-)