Re: gEDA-user: gEDA Symbols

I'll echo DJ's comment:  First take a look around to see what's
already out there w.r.t. symbol creation utilties.  You may be able to
use or modify one of them instead of writing your own.

BTW, does anybody here know where are the code portion that reads the
.sym files and shows the symbol itself ?

Both .sym and .sch files are read by functions in the libgeda/src directory. In particular, look at f_read.c and at a_basic.c:o_read().

Stuart