Re: gEDA-user: thermal vias in pcb

joe tarantino wrote:

On 3/7/07, *Peter Baxendale* <peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 22:02 -0800, Dave N6NZ wrote:
     > What is the easiest way to create "thermal vias"? Not a via with a
     > thermal relief -- I can do that :) .. but a via with no thermal
    relief
     > punched into polygons on both sides of the board that ends up getting
     > filled with solder to help create a large thermal mass to be used
    as a
     > heat sink.
    I thought you just put a thermal relief on the via and then shift
    clicked on it to cycle through to the one with no relief. Or isn't that
    what you meant?

Depends on how new your version of PCB is. Peter's suggestion is appropriate for recent releases since this feature was added not too long ago. I'm running 20060822. If Dave is using an older version, then my suggestion is appropriate.

Ahhh... that answers my question. Time to update.

-dave

Joe T