Re: gEDA-user: gch2pcb problem

On 3/7/07, Doug Glidden <41mortimer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey,

 I'm having a problem with the gsch2pcb utility.  In trying to convert my
schematic (http://mrperson.org/mortimer/schematic.tar.gz),
I have found that the m4 process seems to get stuck somewhere along the way.
 It simply consumes more and more memory until it's finally killed by the
kernel for taking up too much memory.  Netlist creation works fine, but when
it tries to create the PCB file it gets hung up.  When I run the gnetlist
command indepently with -v, it appears to finish going through all of the
components, but then it just hangs after the last one.  Anyone ever seen
this problem before?

Sometimes this is caused by setting the footprint attribute to an incorrect value. Try running gsch2pcb on a smaller schematic to isolate the offending footprints.

I noticed that the SIL footprints had a space in the footprint
attribute value. Are
you sure that is correct?

(* jcl *)

--