Re: gEDA-user: PCB Element for a Molex 71661-2068?

On 3/7/07, Ben Jackson <ben@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 08:31:42PM -0500, John Luciani wrote:
> On 2/23/07, Ben Jackson <ben@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >I need a PCB element for a Molex 71661-2068:
> >
> >http://www.molex.com/product/micro/71661r.html
>
> I've placed the Molex 71661 series connectors on my website at
>
> http://www.luciani.org/geda/pcb/pcb-footprint-list.html#Connector

I was playing with strategies for escaping the pin grid on this part
(the board I'm connecting to uses a different brand of this style
connector which has the odd/even alternation inside out, so all the
signal pins are "inside" on the Molex version).  I noticed that the
Mark for this part does not fall on a nice offset from the pins, so
it is impossible to move the part so that the pins fall on the grid
without going off-grid with the Mark.

Is this to meet a pick & place requirement that was in the datasheet,
or is the Mark arbitrary?

I believe that I centered the mark in between the two alligment pins. It places on a 25mil grid.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org