Re: gEDA-user: freedog pictures

On 3/9/07, phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Also, there is this intriguing board with a db-9, to-220 and some
totally elegant T-shaped trace ... what is it?  Cool!

That board is the Zigbee radio board for my MSP430F169 board. The DB-9 is an RS-232 port (the uC board has a USB port). The T-shaped trace is a folded dipole that should match the Chipcon 2500 reference design. I do not see a TO220 ;-)

Also on the board is an LCD port, a couple of switches, a pot, a light sensor,
temperature sensor, a couple of LEDs and a 3.5mm terminal block. The
terminal block has two digital lines, two DAC lines, two A/D lines, +3.3V, +5V
and GND. The 6 Iines that go to the uC have TVS protection. The
jumpers along the side
of the board enable the LCD and RS232 sections to be cut off  without leaving
exposed copper.

(* jcl *)

-- http://www.luciani.org