Re: gEDA-user: freedog pictures

> That board is the Zigbee radio board for my MSP430F169 board. The DB-9 is
> an RS-232 port (the uC board has a USB port). The T-shaped trace is a
> folded dipole
> that should match the Chipcon 2500 reference design. I do not see a TO220 ;-)

I'd be interested to know how you copied the reference design. I made
some Chipcon 2420 Zigbee boards a couple of years ago using Orcad and
just tried my best to get the layout and dimensions right by measuring
things on the reference gerbers using a gerber viewer (the boards work
fine as it turns out).

Since it's quite common to get reference designs that include gerbers, I
was wondering if it would be feasible to to convert these back into,
effectively, a pcb footprint. I'd have thought there was enough
information in the gerber and drill files to do this - but I admit I
haven't thought it through.

--
Peter Baxendale <peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>