Re: gEDA-user: freedog pictures

> A different point:  In the past we have discussed creating a utility
> which would read a Gerber file and output either a .pcb or a .fp file
> corresponding to the contents of the Gerber.  Maybe the utility could
> be instructed to know which file is associated with which PCB layer?
> In any event, the utility would make it easy to load a legacy board
> Gerber, and then make easy edits in it.

That's the kind of thing I had in mind. Reconstructing the higher level
information sounds hard (or maybe impossible), but getting it into a
form you could load into pcb sounds more feasible. With the help of a
suitable config file you could guide it which layers to map to which
files, and maybe even assign pseudo pin connections to the points that
need to connect to other circuitry.

--
Peter Baxendale <peter.baxendale@xxxxxxxxxxxx>