Re: gEDA-user: ERP Systems

On Mar 6, 2007, at 12:04 AM, Jeff VR wrote:

I'm very interested to see how your evaluation turns out. I watched some of the demos of TinyERP and it looks like it will meet my needs. I'm not sure I need as much material management as your looking for. I'm mainly looking for something to track my limited inventory of parts so I can run shortage lists, bill of materials, part number management (dist. P/N, mfg P/n, desc, etc) before building boards.

Just blue skying here but it would be pretty sweet to synchronize part numbers, desc, etc with the gEDA library and BOM output with an ERP format. Even importing and exporting BOM's and parts would be slick.

Now that I've spent the last two nights with BOMs, trying to determine what parts I already have (by looking at the part bins) and what parts I need to order, I'd love to have the same thing Jeff wants. I know there are commercial packages but none run on non- Windows platforms.

And to add to Jeff's blue-sky request, I'd like to be able to print bar codes and scan them using my iSight camera!

-a