Re: gEDA-user: Hi.... first post

Change the pin names to numbers in the schematic symbol files. Then
the footprint pin numbers will map to schematic symbol pin numbers.

Yeah, like John pointed out this is a problem with the symbol ${geda install dir}/share/gEDA/sym/analog/npn-2.sym. It uses B, C,
and E as the pin numbers. The pinnumber needs to be a number, and
the numbers should correspond to the numbers on the footprint you want
to use.

Do this:

1.  Figure out how your preferred footprint is numbered.

2.  Copy npn-2.sym into a local symbol directory under your project
directory.  Call it symbols/

3.  Edit your local gafrc file to include the line

(component-library "./symbols")

4.  Edit the copy of npn-2.sym in ./symbols.  Number each pin to
correspond to your footprint's numbering scheme.

5.  Nuke your old netlist.

6.  Re-run gsch2pcb, and then re-read teh netlist into PCB.

7.  Please file a bug report at the gEDA Bugzilla site about this
symbol.

FWIW, I did a shortened version of the above, and was able to get rats
attached to the TO-92s after I changed the transistor's pinnumber
attributes to numbers.

You can read more about handling local gafrc configuration here:

http://www.geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#how_do_i_configure_my_local_gafrc_to_find_my_local_symbol_directory

Stuart