Re: gEDA-user: Re: How to program PAL/GAL?

On Mar 14, 2007, at 7:01 PM, John Griessen wrote:
High-end, currently
supported professional programmers (big Data I/O units come to mind...

Is unisite about doing gang programming for production?

Is this a decent price?

ebay 320090700185   $180 shipped with site 48...
they have good record, 99.9% of 1249 sales, maybe they will do tests.

That is a decent price. The Site48 module is the later (and much better) one for DIP support, so that's a big win.

I paid about $400 for my UniSite just a few weeks ago; it replaced my 2900. I happily paid that price because it has the hard drive option, a full complement of pin driver boards (to handle up to 68 active pins), and came with software. It also came with a full set of PLCC bases in addition to DIP support.

Note that these programmers are absolutely useless without software, which Data I/O charges well over $1000 for...these are currently-supported units.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL