Re: gEDA-user: Re: Flame about XML

On Mar 14, 2007, at 7:51 PM, Andy Peters wrote:
I am totaly agree with Michael's view of the world. I'd add my favourite
phrase on this topic: "some time ago, two 8bit MCUs @1MHz were enough to set a
satellite into its orbit. Nowdays, a 3GHz CPU is not enough to load an office
suit. Something went wrong."

Yeah, would you want to do PCB layout on a pair of 8-bit MCUs running at 1 MHz?

I didn't think so.

You know...quite a few companies did PCB layout on computers of similar clock speeds in the early 1970s. It can certainly be done, and assuming that it'd be painful to do is just that...an assumption.

Seriously. There is some grand assumption that just because the capabilities we have now are good that the capabilities we had twenty years ago sucked. That is not always the case.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL