gEDA-user: Re: Flame about XML

DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Yeah, would you want to do PCB layout on a pair of 8-bit MCUs
>> running at 1 MHz?
>
> Twenty years ago, I did motherboard layouts for 12MHz 80286 and 16MHz
> 80386 PCs.  We used them to do schematics, btw.
>
> Just recently I did the furnace board, which has five 20MHz embedded
> CPUs in it.
>
> Times change.

That is true. But today, the 99 percent of the power of desktop computers are
for executing NOPs. I think that is what is wrong.

I too have a graphical display (two of them), a modern machine, but it
does not run any wisltes and bells... yust for good looking...

It's realy like that we can't change it all, but we can live in any
environment we like! And that is good! :-)

--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs