net vs netname (was Re: gEDA-user: Busses in gschem)

Steve Meier schrieb:
> Philipp,
>
> Standard gshem and gnetlist (gsch2pcb) treat buses as a graphical object
> that doesn't influence the final netlist in anyway.
>
> If your design is flat hook up a net segment from a components pin to
> the bus. Select the net segment and add a net attribute net=D0 for
> example. Some where else do the same from the bus to another components
> pin and add a net attribute again net=D0. It is these net attributes
> that are responsible for causing the two pins to be part of the same
> net. You could even delete the bus and bus rippers and the netlist will
> build the same way.

Thanks. Looking through the documentation I even found it in the gschem
FAQ. However I'm a bit confused about net and netname attributes. You
and the net attribute mini-howot suggest that I should specify the net
attribute if I want several thing to be in the same net. In other parts
of the documentation the attribute is called netname though. gschem
offers both in it's dropdown list for adding attributes.

Philipp