Re: net vs netname (was Re: gEDA-user: Busses in gschem)

Thanks. Looking through the documentation I even found it in the gschem
FAQ. However I'm a bit confused about net and netname attributes. You
and the net attribute mini-howot suggest that I should specify the net
attribute if I want several thing to be in the same net. In other parts
of the documentation the attribute is called netname though. gschem
offers both in it's dropdown list for adding attributes.

Philipp

I use the bus lines in my schematics. To make a long story short:

1. The bus line is purely graphical; no hidden meaning.
2. Nets are used in the component symbol to select VCC:GND pins. You can override them in the schematic.
3. You want to use netname with your data bus. This will connect across multiple schematics. My current project uses 8 schematics and works perfectly as far as I can tell.

If you have multiple grounds and voltages on a schematic you use the NET attribute to override the default VCC:GND.

Ryan