Re: gEDA-user: Any-to-one connections

On Mar 15, 2007, at 8:42 AM, Ryan Seal wrote:
I'm currently drawing a schematic using gschem. There's a GAL in it and
some other chips. Since the GAL's outputs /inputs are all equivalent I
don't care which output is used for some task. For example I want to
feed a GAL output into the output enable of an EPROM. So I want one of
the GAL's outputs connected to the OE input of the EPROM, but I don't
care which one is used. Is there a way to tell gschem about this?
Depending on which output is used the resulting pcb would use a
different number of vias, etc.

I do the following:
1. Assign all I/O in the schematic.
2. Generate a pcb file.
3. Look at the layout at point out potential problems.
5. Regenerate the pcb file (just a new net file).
6. Load the altered net into the existing pcb layout.
7. Repeat until satisfied.

I have to think that this process could be automated by some sort of a script. A very CPU-intensive one, though.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL