Re: gEDA-user: Design Flow Roadmap starting point

Another point: I thought it would be useful to have more control
over the different attributes which get printed or exported in Gerber
plots. I really like the way Eagle breaks all attributes into layers,
and then allows me to define a "CAM job" to generate, say, the
silkscreen layer. While defining the CAM job, I select whether
I want to print the "tnames" layer (in which case the names of
the components will be included), or the "tvalues" layer (in
which case the values of the components will be included) and
so on.

In PCB, I can't choose to print just the component outlines and
leave out their names in the silk screen layer. I also (IIRC) can't
choose to include the values in the silk screen. The default that
PCB gives me is useful for most of the cases, but it would be
good if this was not hard-coded.

Tarun