Re: gEDA-user: installation

This is almost a religious issue.

Aren't most questions which have many correct answers? :)

However, I personally recommend users to install into a new directory,
/usr/local/geda, and then set their $PATH variables to point to it...

Great. This is really I wanted to know. I wanted to know how a user would install in some "system area" which would be outside all home directories, and how he would set the ownership of the package files to be someone other than the human users of the system. If the installer does this, that's all that's needed, IMHO.

Tarun