Re: gEDA-user: Tool to calculate Nyquist-plot or impedance?

Wen wrote:
Hi list,
I am going to do Equivalent circuit fitting for a university project with impedance spectroscopy.

I am looking for a tool that first allows to define (via a graphic interface would be best) an electric circuit made of resistors, conductors, inductors and maybe constant phase and warburg elements. What i need is a Nyquist-plot of that circuit-> a plot that shows the imaginary (vert. axis) and the real (horiz. axis) part of the impedance of the defined circuit for a wide range of frequencies.

So I am either looking for an application that outputs that Nyquist-plot directly or that calculates the impedance analytically with the frequency as a parameter, so that I can use it for a matlab/octave-script.

Is there a geda-tool thats able to do one of those two things? I did not see something like that in the tutorial-part nor find it in the gschem-interface?
If not, does somebody know other applications that are able to handle this?

Thanks in advance,
Wen

gnucap.

gnucap is a circuit simulator and it is very easy to describe your circuit and do an ac analysis of it to directly measure the impedance. You can take that data and feed it back to matlab or octave.

-Dan