Re: gEDA-user: File corrupted after segmentation fault in pcb

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007  06:52, Igor2 wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Andy Peters wrote:

> >> Why don't you use some sort of version control instead? :)
> >
> >What if the crash occurred before he was ready to commit a change?
>
> He was talking about hourly snapshots; normally with a version control,
> you prefer to commit changes in small sets, and I assume creating such a
> small changeset takes less time than an hour :)

Well, the hourly snapshot is actually rsync to an external backup
server. And it works for both ASCII and binary files - read: all files.
I do use CVS, but as already mentioned I wasn't ready to commit.
Actually I was minutes from being ready to commit when the segmentation
fault happened.
But anyways, I didn't take the backup/comitted the file, and now I must
pay the extra time spent. I can only hope the layout becomes better the
second time. Maybe with less vias :-)

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

/Mikael