Re: gEDA-user: Design Lab Equipment

On Saturday 31 March 2007 21:42, John Griessen wrote:
> If you supplied a college purchasing dept with assembled
> units, I imagine you'd get into ETL/UL testing for lab levels
> of safety though.    Would University purchasing agents
> reject kits?

The purchasing dept has no clue.  It is up to the lab director.
Sometimes the lab director is clueless.  Until you have
experienced it, it is hard to comprehend what a problem that
can be.

UL approval is not really a problem.  Just use a UL approved
wall-wart as a power supply.

It probably makes more sense to just sell kits.  They can hire
students to assemble them.