Re: gEDA-user: Universal Turin^H^H^H^H^Hmilling machine

> > http://freeandeasy.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > The "FreeAndEasy" project is interesting in that it is a round/rotating
> > version, not X/Y, using polar co-ordinates.  Working with rotating discs
> > removes all problems associated with backlash in linear slides.
>
> I saw a XY table in the videos and on the pag they also write it's an XY
> machine.

Yes they discuss the problems with the X/Y approach which lead to the polar
machine.  Look at the other links:

http://freeandeasy.sourceforge.net/rotsim.php
http://freeandeasy.sourceforge.net/rotary.php
http://freeandeasy.sourceforge.net/rotproto.php
http://freeandeasy.sourceforge.net/zaxis.php

Move the blue dots to see how it works, simulation is very cool.