Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Throw the Bugzilla out of window

On Nov 19, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
I recommend it to be thrown out of window and replaced with a mailing list. You
can organize e-mails in mailboxes the same way as bugzilla allows organizing
bugreports. And, unlikely of Bugzilla, I can receive up to 100MB attachments on
my mailbox without problems.
I nearly spat water all over my monitor when I read this.

Email is not, I repeat NOT, a file-transfer mechanism. If anyone in the world should know that, it's people here. The fact that Microsoft makes it easy to do, and even *encourages* this protocol abuse, does not make it right, nor does the fact that many of people do it every day.

I realize there are some people here who aren't programmers, and who may not have been involved in the "nitty gritty" of the Internet and how it all works, but anyone who does electronic design at any level likely has a grasp of a few basic concepts...such as "use right tool for the job".

Sheesh. What a way to start a day. Grrr.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "I wonder what 'Error Code 1' means. That's
Cape Coral, FL what it said when it started smoking." -Jonathan Patschke