Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Throw the Bugzilla out of window

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 11:59:11AM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> >I recommend it to be thrown out of window and replaced with a mailing
> >list. You
> >can organize e-mails in mailboxes the same way as bugzilla allows
> >organizing
> >bugreports. And, unlikely of Bugzilla, I can receive up to 100MB
> >attachments on
> >my mailbox without problems.
>
>   I nearly spat water all over my monitor when I read this.
>
>   Email is not, I repeat NOT, a file-transfer mechanism.  If anyone in

A suitable file transfer mechanism is for example exchanging files via
SILC :)
file send path nickname
file accept nickname

Btw, don't you want to start hanging around on SILC? I pronounced SILC
the official chatter support medium for Ronja:
http://ronja.twibright.com/mlist.php#chat

So if you adhere to those instructions and replace "ronja" channel name
with say "geda" then you are going to end up there where I suggest.

> the world should know that, it's people here.  The fact that Microsoft
> makes it easy to do, and even *encourages* this protocol abuse, does
> not make it right, nor does the fact that many of people do it every
> day.
>
>   I realize there are some people here who aren't programmers, and who
> may not have been involved in the "nitty gritty" of the Internet and
> how it all works, but anyone who does electronic design at any level
> likely has a grasp of a few basic concepts...such as "use right tool
> for the job".

Sending 100MB by emails yields dunno how much - about 150MB? - on the way - and
what? I got 1Mbps up to the home and don't mind if RX on my Ronja shines for a
while ;-)

Cl<