Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA: PCB: Throw the Bugzilla out of window

On Nov 19, 2004, at 6:17 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
Bugzilla appears to be a shit to me. Responds to an upload of 4MB
attachment with "invalid filename". "webp.ppm" is probably an invalid
filename on the filesystem Sourceforge runs on. Tried with Links and Mozilla
so it doesn't seem to be a problem of browser.
I don't think this is bugzilla, but thats not really the point.

Did you point your browser at the correct local file? The tracking system
is limited to < 250kB or so which should be _plenty_. Try useing jpeg or
PNG.
JPEG is absolutely the wrong compression algorithm for what amounts to a line-art image. For non-photographic scenes, there will be heavy artifacting around all lines and other sharp color transitions, which usually obliterate the compression ratio and in many cases make the file even larger.

Not that anyone asked, but I would strongly recommend PNG.
Hmm. I didn't intend for that to come across as being so snotty. Just trying to help.

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire "I wonder what 'Error Code 1' means. That's
Cape Coral, FL what it said when it started smoking." -Jonathan Patschke